New Year in Moscow: what to do
Did you know that Orthodox Christmas is on Jan 7?
Which means celebration in Russia just started:)
From Dec 13 to Jan 12 there is a beautiful festival “ Journey to Christmas” in Moscow,taking place on 40 venues.
Here are the most interesting places to see during this time:
- Red squareIce rink, christmas market, stunning illumination of GUM and Nikosskaya street - what a fairy tale!
- Manezhnaya squareNext to the Red Square is located another fair with European and Russian crafts and traditional food.
- Ice theatreRevolution square converted into a performance place - ice theatre, that also works as an ice rink
- Trees galoreTrees at the Kuznetskiy most street are decorated by the best Russian designers, and this is a great place for shopping and wandering around.
- Tverskaya streetMain street of Moscow is rimmed by food and souvenirs stands, there is another Ice theatre at Pushkinskaya square, and magical light tunnels at the Tverskoy boulevard.
Such a wonderful time! See you in Moscow;)