PRIVATE KREMLIN TOUR
Visit the Moscow Kremlin with licensed professional guide. 4 hours full of history, photos and fun!
- Enter the biggest fortress in Europe - Kremlin, and discover its secrets!
- See the Tsar Bell, the largest bell in the world, and Tsar Cannon, the largest bombard by caliber in the world. You will be surprised by it weight and size:)
- Visit the oldest part of Moscow - the Cathedral's square
- Take a photo of the Ivan the Great Bell Tower: the exact centre of Moscow which resembles a burning candle
- Enter stunning orthodox cathedrals: The Cathedral of the Assumption, place of coronation of the grand princes and tsars as well as the burial place of metropolitans and patriarchs; The Cathedral of the Annunciation, the private church of Russian grand princes and tsars for domestic and family ceremonies; The Cathedral of the Archangel, the necropolis of the Moscow dynasty of Ruriks and first Romanov tsars.
Every Saturday at 12PM there are processions of the equestrian and pedestrian guards of the President's regiment (April to October) at the Cathedral Square of the Kremlin.
- Once you've walked through the Resurrection Gate, you see the most famous attraction in Russia - Red Square!
- Visit GUM - State Department Store, enjoy stunning architecture and famous ice cream ;)
- Take a selfie in the middle of the Red Square
- Walk till St. Basil's Cathedral and admire its colored domes. It was built to commemorate the capture of Kazan and still impresses everyone!
- Take a look at famous chimes of the Spasskaya tower and compare your time.
Some facts you'll learn during the tour:
+ The architectural ensemble of the Moscow Kremlin is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. An exception is the State Kremlin Palace (formerly Palace of Congresses).
+ From 14 till 17th century there was a fortified moat (Alevizov) just on the Red Square.
+ The oldest building in Moscow is Assumption Cathedral. It was built in 1474-1479.
+ Tsar Bell laid in the pit for about 100 years after its construction.
+ Towers of the Kremlin were decorated with two-headed eagles for several hundred years since the XVII century. In 1935 Stalin decided to replace them with five-pointed stars.
+ At the same time it was planned to demolish the GUM and St.Basil Cathedral. In place of GUM it was was planned to construct a building for the People's Commissariat of Heavy Industry, and Cathedral simply interfered to organise mass parades.
+ In the period from 1953 to 1961 the Lenin mausoleum was also a place for the body of Joseph Stalin.
+ During the WWII Kremlin and the Red Square were disguised as residential areas, and the Kremlin stars and domes were painted in black. Thanks to that pilots of hostile aircraft were unable to find the main square of the country.
Read reviews about us on TripAdvisor and Viator
Maximum travellers: 5
Meet up point: lobby of your hotel
Start time: 10AM every day except Thursdays
Duration: 4 hours/6 hours
Entrance fees to the Kremlin Museums
Your local friendly guide
Private walking tour through the city center
Hotel pickup and drop-off by foot
Best recommendations from the local where to go, what to see, where to eat etc.
Best spots for photoshooting
Main attractions and hidden gems
Multiple start times available Flexible customizable itinerary
Entrance fees to St.Basil's cathedral (optional) $10 per person
Food and drinks